Maybe you use a professional house cleaning service, but still have to do some occasional chores. Or maybe, you do it all. Either way, there are tips that can save you time and money and it all depends on the tools and equipment that you use.
The Versatility of Microfiber
Many people have heard the word microfiber as it took the cleaning industry by storm a few years back. It is now a necessary tool that all cleaning companies are utilizing. I remember growing up and anytime I saw my mom cleaning the house she was using paper towels. Well, that is now a thing of the past. If you are still purchasing paper towels for cleaning purposes, please stop!
Why should you stop purchasing paper towels and make the switch to microfiber?
- Help eliminate unnecessary waste, which in return reduces the environmental impact. This is such a huge topic in today’s world as we commonly see on social media with how the oceans and other areas are drastically affected by human waste. If you are still using paper towels you should make the switch in 2020 to microfiber and become a paper towel free kitchen and household.
- You will save money! Maybe the reason number one was not enough to convince you, but reason number two should. A simple Google search for paper towels shows that an eight pack of name brand paper towels cost $16.99. Instead, you can buy a 24 pack of reusable microfiber cloths for $9.98. You can see how the cost savings add up quickly. Spend about $10 one time or spend about $17 almost every month.
Microfiber For Almost Every Area of Your House
You can clean almost every area of your house with Microfiber cloths including your countertops, general dusting, mirrors, windows and stainless steel. You can use them dry or damp depending on the area you are trying to clean.
- Heavy-duty cloths are used for removing heavy soil build-up and stains.
- Medium grade microfiber cloths are used for general dusting and cleaning non-heavily soiled areas such as countertops.
- To clean mirrors, windows and stainless steel you will have better luck using specialty microfiber cloths designed for these areas. These cloths have a suede-like texture.
Microfiber for Mopping
Microfiber pads for mopping have similarly taken the cleaning industry by storm and became a favorite amongst cleaning professionals in recent years. Microfiber cleaning pads have many benefits over the traditional mop. Traditional mops still work, however they could be adding time to your cleaning routine.
- Floors will dry quickly because the mop pad absorbs water and only needs to be damp. This allows you to walk around and enjoy your newly cleaned floors faster. Who wants to wait around for it to dry? No one!
- Using the mop pads allows you to keep moving. What do we mean by that? You don’t have to rinse and wring the mop anymore and you don’t have to switch the bucket out for clean water. If the mop pad begins to get dirty simply just switch out the pad for a clean one. You’d be surprised how long they last though.
- The mop pad similar to the cloth will trap and hold dirt until it is time to wash them.
How To Care For Microfiber Cloths And Pads
Microfiber cloths and pads can last many years if they have the proper care. Wash them after each use to remove dirt and dust. Washing them separately from all other clothes and laundry is an important key to the longevity of the cloths and pads.
If you wash them with other laundry items then the microfiber products can pull lint off them and ruin the fibers. Also, avoid using bleach and fabric softener because these could ruin the product’s static charges that are part of the property that make them work so great. You can dry them in the dryer or air-dry them. If you decide to expedite the drying process and use the machine make sure to not dry them on extra hot or use the fabric sheets. Using this as a guide to taking care of your microfiber cloths and pads can help them last for ages.
Cleaning with Magic Erasers
If you have never cleaned with a magic eraser or another brand of melamine foam sponges you are seriously missing out. These multipurpose sponges only need water to make the magic happen. You might be wondering how can a sponge work so well? These sponges act as an abrasive cleaner because they combine a hard substance with thin inner fibers that allow it to work like sandpaper.
Did your kid or grandkid take a crayon to your living room walls? No problem, these sponges will do the trick. All you have to do is dampen the sponge and get to work. You can even reuse these multiple times before having to switch to a new sponge. There is no need to wipe one area and throw it out and after it was dampened. It will dry out and be ready to be used the next time you need it, so keep it handy. We have listed out the most commonly used areas for these sponges below.
- Doors and doorframes
- Clean grout
Feel free to try these wonderful cleaning tools in other areas as well. As always when you are using a new product to clean it is recommended that you first try it in an inconspicuous area to avoid damage.
There are some areas that this amazing product should never ever be used to clean and avoided at all times. Here is a quick list but areas that should be avoided are not limited to the following areas. Never use them on the skin, animals, dark painted areas and delicate fabrics.
A Quick Recap On How To Save Time And Money
Switch out your paper towels and traditional mops for microfiber cloths and mop pads. These will save you time while cleaning and also give you a boost in your budget. The magic erasers will allow you to stop working so hard to remove stains. Remember they are designed with technology that easily removes stains quickly and conveniently. The best part about using these awesome products is that you can reduce your waste and benefit the environment. If you have any questions about where to get these products or how to use them feel free to reach out to us directly and ask.