If you share your home with a dog you are probably familiar with the never-ending piles of hair, dirt and extra dust that accumulates in the house. We have asked some of our Dallas maids to provide you some tips and tricks to stay on top of your home and keep it feeling fresh.
Buy A Quality Vacuum Cleaner
The biggest tip for Cleaning Tips for Pet Owners is buying an appropriate vacuum that contains a HEPA filter. HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air. These vacuum cleaners are specifically designed to trap and remove up to 99.97% of all airborne particles. Meaning these are a must-have for all pet owners!
After buying the appropriate vacuum it is then equally important to use it frequently. We recommend vacuuming common areas every other day. It is easier to spend 5-10 minutes a day then letting it accumulate and doing it weekly. The other benefit is by doing it every other day you improve you and your pet’s air quality and overall health!
We love the cordless vacuums because it allows for convenient and quick sessions. You don’t have to worry about finding an outlet nearby. They also allow you to get under beds and couches to get those usually hard to reach spots with a big bulky machine.
Keep Your Pets Clean
Of course, your dogs are going to shed, that is inevitable. However, there are some preventative measures you can take that will reduce your workload later.
- Keep a comb/brush handy. When you take your dog outside on walks bring the comb or brush with you and spend five minutes removing some of the excess hair that would otherwise end up on your carpet or floor.
- Buy some dog shoes for those rainy days. There is nothing worse than taking your dog out for a potty break in the rain and having them track mud all throughout the house. With dog shoes, you can put them on right before leaving and take them off when you get back inside.
- If you don’t wish to buy dog shoes at the very least keep a towel near the door so when you come back in you can wipe their feet off. Any dirt you can prevent from entering the house is dirt you don’t have to clean up later.
- From time to time it is important that you give them a proper bath that includes shampoo. This is smart for your pet’s health as well as an important factor in maintaining a clean home. Plus who wants a smelly dog running around the house? I know I don’t!
Areas To Check Regularly To Maintain Good Air Quality
There are some areas that our Dallas maids recommend you check more frequently than you might be forgetting about. When the average person cleans their home they usually skim the surfaces but don’t get into detailed areas, which are important with pets. Modern Maid’s top-rated Dallas maid service suggests you include the following areas while cleaning.
- Underneath the beds especially if your pets sleep in the same room as you. You don’t actually have to move the bed to reach underneath. We recommend a cordless vacuum with a long stick and an attachment. This will do the job great!
If you do not have a cordless vacuum or one at all another great option is using a dry Swiffer and pushing the air and dirt out from under the bed.
- Another area that is commonly missed when Dallas cleaning service arrives is behind the tv stand. This area is a perfect hidden spot for the dust to accumulate and be left stranded and deteriorate the air quality until it is noticed and cleaned.
- Check the air vents themselves as well especially those on the ceilings and in bathrooms. We often notice those are covered in dirt and dust. An easy way to clean that off is by using a broom and knocking it off to the ground. From there you can vacuum or sweep it up, whichever you prefer.
- If your pets are allowed on the couches or furniture it is smart to remove the cushions monthly and vacuum the hair that gets underneath the cushions. If your vacuum cleaner is giving you trouble try a lint roller. A lint roller is a great option and something you should consider having in your cleaning caddy at all times.
Try A Dog Bed
We all love our pets so much and want to spend as much time with them as possible. However, sometimes allowing them on your bed or on your furniture can cause a headache later down the road. Try purchasing a big and comfy dog bed for them that you can take with you from room to room. That way they can still be by your side at all times, but this will help spread some of the hair they shed from getting on your floors.
Key Takeaways From A Top-rated Dallas Maid Service
It is best to find 5-10 minutes per day and focus on one small area. You can rotate rooms and clean the floors of common areas every other day. Take 15 minutes every Saturday to check the areas that we said were frequently missed. Remember the most commonly missed areas are behind entertainment consoles and under beds and couches. If you don’t regularly check these areas every week or so then you will be left with a big big mess to clean later down the road. Wouldn’t you rather take 10 minutes every Saturday to ensure you have healthy air quality versus having to spend hours and hours cleaning once every few months?